Free Download Executor - Windows launcher and run replacement, to rid me of spending too much time in windows start-menu, desktop and windows run
Overview of Executor:
Executor is a multi purpose launcher sporting many optional customizable features and advanced setup. The program originated as I was sick of spending too much time searching for programs through my ever growing windows start-menu, and eye-balling desktop trying to mouse locate what ever I wanted to launch. Also I missed a tool that could ease and optimize my daily workflow. There was of course already programs like this available, but each had it's annoyance or missing features or too(!) geeky.
Detect keywords and URLs:
- Keywords have properties like shortcuts, and you can for example drag-drop a shortcut/file/folder/favorite to add it as a keyword.
- Auto-completion for keywords, file system and history (can also be configured).
- Url detection, Enter URLs directly (like www.google.com, mail.google.com, google.com or http://www.google.com).
- Keywords support parameters. Example "google latest executor" "wiki nirvana".
- Besides keywords Executor can also optionally and dynamically add matching start-menu items, control panel items and other handy items to the drop-down/list.
- Ability to add your own paths to scan for user defined file extensions.
- Each keyword can be assigned a hotkey, so Executor can also perform like many popular hotkey managers.
- Keyword control, have keyword open program(s) minimized, with admin access, make sure only one instance is running of program and more.
- Can add keyword integration with popular services like GMail, Twitter, GCal, RTM and many others (see forums for howto's, tutorials and tips).
- Optional show icon for current keyword/input.
- Optional show drop-down box for current keyword/input (auto-completion).
- Optional drop-down box can be set to auto-open (like windows run) displaying auto-completion suggestions.
- Optional list displaying matching items.
- Layout can be customized. Set colors, font, dimensions, position, transparency and more.
- Skinable. Supporting alpha blending effects and free positioning of all elements.
- Many settings to customize the program as you like.
- Can be launched from an user defined hotkey.
Features of Executor:
- One keyword or text input can start multiple keywords/urls/programs/documents/files etc. Example one keyword opens three websites and/or programs.
- Each keyword have properties like optional group (to organize into groups), customizable icon and other properties.
- Keyword "find [text]" for using Windows Instant Search feature or Windows Desktop Search.
- A number of special commands (like for example pause and replace tag with parameter).
- Optional windows context-menu integration (as another way of easily adding new keywords).
- Optional show title for the current input.
- Can import keywords from windows start-menu.
- Can auto import keywords from an url on startup, so you can share keywords between different Executor installations (for example for cooperate use).
- Executor has a number settings on how you want it to find desired item(s). Text could "start with" or "contain text" (substring) or short form detection (for example typing ffox for firefox).
- All file-paths can be auto-completed (also when file-path is a parameter), and you can use tab and shift-tab to browse filesystem path.
- Keywords to manipulate the current active window (center, resize to specific size, maximize width or height etc).
- Special keywords to list (and open) running applications, text previously copied to clipboard and recent documents. Can also strip formatting from clipboard text.
- Many special keywords like for example lock computer, restart, shutdown, standby, turn off monitor(s), mute sound, show date/time/week number etc.
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 50 MB or more.